1. Private Information Handling Policy
FUMEI values the private information of its customers and observes the Law on the Promotion of the Usage of Information Networks and Information Protection. FUMEI will inform you of any revision or updates to the privacy handling policy through an announcement on our website or through individual notifications. The following privacy handling policy applies to this website (www.fumei.com, hereinafter referred to as ‘this site.’) This policy will take effect from DATE.
01. Installation, operation, and refusal of automatic information collection mechanism.
02. Purpose of collection
FUMEI may collect private information for the following purposes: – To process various complaints. – To improve the services provided to our customers and to improve the quality of this website.
03. Private Information collected
FUMEI collects the following private information for consultation and service application, etc. – Collection Items – Required Items: Name, email address, service usage history, access log, cookies, and access IP address – Optional: Address (city, province), Tel. (contact), Country, Company Name – Method for collecting private information: Website (Contact us: Cyber reporting center).
04. How to disclose private information
Unless users provide consent in advance, or if law enforcement agencies or legal agencies as well as other government agencies demand the disclosure of information, the private information will not be disclosed to a third party. However, the following exceptions may apply: – When the user has given consent – When required by the law, or when a request is made by a law enforcement agency in accordance with the procedures and methods set forth under the law FUMEI will not outsource the handling of the information to a third party without your permission. If it is necessary to disclose a user’s personal information in order to provide the services requested by the user, we will inform the user of the identity of the parties to which the information is to be disclosed and the contents of the services requested. Furthermore, we will only proceed with the user’s prior consent.
05. The rights of the user or the users’ legal representative, and how to exercise these rights
The user or the legal representative of the user may access, modify, or withdraw consent to provide the private information registered with us. We will comply with such requests if you contact our Private Information Handling Department in writing, by email, or by phone. If you requested the correction of an error in private information, we will not use or provide your private information until such correction is made. Also, in the event that we have provided erroneous information to a third party, we will inform the party of the results of the processing and ensure corrections are made. FUMEI will handle terminated or deleted private information upon the request of the user or the user’s legal representatives in accordance with the section “Retention and Usage Period,” and ensure that the information will not be viewed or used for any other purposes.
06. Retention and disposal of the private information
– Retained information: Name, email address, address (city, province), telephone number (contact info.), country, company. – Retention period: 1 year. – Cause of retention: Management of the users’ inquires and requests, identification of the users, etc. – Items held: service usage records, access logs, cookies, access IP address. – Retention period: 3 years. – Cause of retention: Collection of statistical data on the user. A. Retention and usage period – Retained information: Name, email address, address (city, province), telephone number (contact info.), country, company. – Retention period: 1 year. – Cause of retention: Management of the users’ inquires and requests, identification of the users, etc. – Items held: service usage records, access logs, cookies, access IP address. – Retention period: 3 years. – Cause of retention: Collection of statistical data on the user.
B. Disposal procedure The information provided by the user will be moved to a separate DB once the purpose of its collection has been fulfilled. (For information on paper, separate file cabinets will be used.) Then, the information will be stored for a certain amount of time, in accordance with the internal policies or for the purpose of information protection as set forth by the relevant laws (See Retention and Usage Period) before it is destroyed. Private information moved to a separate DB will not be used for any other purpose than storage, unless otherwise required by the law.
C. Method of disposal Private information that is stored in the form of electronic files is deleted using technical methods that will prevent its recovery.
07. External links
08. Protection of private information
FUMEI limits the number of its employees who have access to users’ private information so that it can prevent unauthorized and unlawful access to such private information.